Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Day My Whole World Changed!!!

On August 20, 1984, my first child April came into this world with a sneeze and wide blue eyes looking around the delivery room while her daddy held her for the first time. I will always remember that day. I had endured 22 hours of hard labor (had 2 epidurals and neither worked) and in the end it was all worth it. Not until she was a few years old did I really realize that she was going to be very outgoing and independant. Not scared to go for what she wanted. She has not stopped reaching for her goals (and obtaining some of them) as of this date.

April you are my loving, sweet, God loving, outgoing, happy all the time daughter. She was always active in school, president of her class, active in church, never afraid of hard work. She keeps us all laughing with her funny personality. April is the one that I don't worry about near as much. She is strongwilled and eager to get out into the world and live it the way she always intended to. She puts 100% into anything that is put in front of her.

I just want you to know April, that I love you just as much today as I did the day God gave you to us as our daughter to raise and love. You are an inspiration to us and you have made us proud. You will be a great mother someday (hopefully soon) and I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family. You have always been strong and you were the one, that one day a long time ago that reached into my heart and told me where we belonged without having to come right out and tell me.

So thank you April, with the sweet spirit, God loving heart, and your strong will, I will love you always.

Love Mother






5 comments:

  1. ssssss, oops, hold on a minute, I dropped my Kleenex! Ok, here goes....sssssssSNIFFFFFF!

    Much better. Ahahahahahahahahaha!! I kill me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, how sweet! I love you, April! for the person you have be come and I admire you for that!
    Sis, you raised a good group of kids! You're great!
    Love ,
    lil sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww...thanks Mother! I love you too very much...even with my extra dose of independence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying "meeting" your children. Keep introducing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a good one!!! :) You're a good mom!

    ReplyDelete