Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thoughts

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am and thought well.....I'm not really ready to get up so I tried to fall back to sleep. I have had a lot of things on my mind recently. Things like April and Brandon's sweet Harrison (our 2nd grandson) and the court date that will be this Tuesday in Taiwan. I am getting really anxious about Harrison coming home. I can't wait to see my oldest daughter (whom adores children) be a mother to this sweet boy. April has always had it in her heart to adopt since she was a young girl and now she is living her dream. I am really happy for her. I don't get to see her often (she is a busy girl) and I just don't get out that often. Harrison is finally starting to be real to me. April has recently gotten a lot of pictures and a about 3 videos of Harrison and I think that has helped. We are all praying that Harrison will be home by his birthday, December 11.

I kept my sweet Tuff yesterday while mama and daddy went to Ashley's class Reunion and he had I guess what you call a fussy time with me and it just tore me up. I couldn't seem to calm him. I think he was missing his mama and daddy. He hasn't been with me in the evening for a while so I think he's just not used to being away from mama and daddy at night. Or it was just his fussy time. I don't know but Papa wasn't here to walk him and he doesn't like me to
walk him and I felt so bad. He finally calmed down after 45 minutes or so and was a happy camper sitting in his bouncy, kicking, cooing, and squealing...I love that baby:)
I'm sure he will be back to his happy little self come Monday morning and Papa will be here to walk and sing to him.

Anybody have an 11 year old daughter who thinks she is 30? No, I didn't think so.. Victoria has done so, so so much better this year in school. She made 2 A's, 2 B's and a C on her report card. I can't tell how proud of her I am and how much of relief this is. But I just think she doesn't like me. I know she's at the "attitude" age but good grief!!! She is only like this with me. No matter what I say or how sweet I say it she has something hateful to say to me. Sometimes I feel like there's nothing else I can do. I have tried grounding her, taking the phone away, no friends. She is 11 and in the 6th grade so I know the day is not far off when she will outgrow this stage and mature a little more.

Well I think that's all the "Thoughts" I have for today so I hope everyone has a blessed day and week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment