Monday, July 11, 2011

What I’ve Been Up To!!

 

Just a quick update on my mama.  She is doing just great!! Her doctor said that she has done so good and he says that is due to not having any other health issues.  She has to wait 1 more week before she can drive and then she is good to go.  God is so good!!

Ok now for my little spa week with my cousin!  We had an amazing time!  We didn’t really do the spa thing everyday.  We did have a facial on Thursday and it was wonderful!!

So I fly out on Sunday morning with beautiful weather and slightly calm nerves!  My flight went amazingly fast and I was thankful for that!  We stayed at my cousins house on Sunday night and had a really relaxing afternoon/evening.  Her husband grilled steaks for us and we had a nice spread of steak, baked sweet potato, sautéed asparagus and mushrooms and the best bread I have ever put in my mouth. 

100_5222

On Monday I got up early of course and while everyone else was still sleeping, except Cole, I was up having coffee and checking Facebook, emails etc. and enjoying this view…….

100_5213

We all got out of the house by noon and headed out to have lunch before we were off to our resort.  We ate at Captain Eddie’s Seafood and of course it was wonderful!   I had the fried rock shrimp and it was yummo!!! It was so nice to have seafood that actually tasted like real seafood and not froze

100_5226

We arrived at our Resort at 3pm sharp and it was buzzing with activity! It was the 4th of July and we quickly realized that the resort offers the general public access to the pool and grounds on this day for a fee of $25.  So it was quite busy on the 4th.  We decided to eat close to the resort since by the time we got checked in and settled it was late afternoon and the fireworks were gonna start at 9pm.  So we headed across the street to Crispers and we really loved it!! We had flatbread salad which was delish.

100_5228

and for dessert we tried Gelato (which is Italian ice cream) and we chose coconut and I have to say it was the best ice cream I have ever had.  We ended going across the street every night to get a scoop (or we may have had 2 scoops) of this yummy goodness!!

100_5230

Then we headed back to our resort to wait for the fireworks…

IMG_2086

IMG_2078

IMG_2085

IMG_2080

On Tuesday we headed out for a day at Caledesi Island which is a remote little island that we had to take a ferry to get to.

100_5236

100_5243

100_5253

100_5256

100_5257

100_5258

We spent about  4 hours out there under an umbrella and just enjoyed the beautiful day! The view of the ocean was just like being in the Caribbean.

And then we decided we would rent a kayak and step out of the box and do something neither of us have never done.

IMG_2120

IMG_2125

IMG_2113

IMG_2132

These birds can get pretty aggressive and mad when it comes to food.  This bird was a little mad when we wouldn’t give up our little snack we were having..

IMG_2119

That night we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant which was okay but we enjoyed the atmosphere and then a little drink when we returned to our resort.

IMG_2156

IMG_2154

100_5232

and then we headed out to the pier for this beautiful sunset that God blessed us with…..

IMG_2169

IMG_2176

IMG_2172

IMG_2170

On Wednesday we headed out for the mall to browse and stay a little cooler than the day before.  I didn’t get any pics of the outing.  We did get lost and lots of laughs.  But we found our way and had a nice time.  We decided we would just eat at the mall and had chick fila for dinner and of course we had the famous coconut gelato when we returned to our resort.

On Thursday we had our facial that was scheduled in the afternoon so we hung around our resort that morning then went to Burlington Coat Factory for a little browsing and planned on dinner at Clearwater beach that evening.

The weather turned a little rainy so we didn’t get to walk the beach like we planned but still had a great dinner of fish dip for appetizer and  Grouper sandwich’s at Frenchy’s.

100_5274

100_5278

This was the view of the sky on our way back to our resort.  We made it just before the big belly washer started and let me tell you….. once it started it didn’t stop!!   It went on all night and was still going strong when we checked out and we drove for a solid hour and a half in torrential rain on our way to the airport.  Boy were we glad when it stopped.  It certainly makes for a stressful drive.

100_5281

100_5283

I made it to the airport and the rain stopped right before I loaded the plan so I was so thankful for that.  My flight home was a little more “bumpy” but I made it safe and sound.  Thanks to my SIL for picking me up at the airport.

I had a busy weekend, with Tuff’s birthday party, Ashley’s baby shower brunch and getting Victoria off for camp.  Will do a post on all of that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment