Monday, November 14, 2011

We Never Know

A week ago on Saturday November 5, 2011, my daughter, Ashley picked me up for a day of shopping.  We were going to get outfits for Tuff and Gunner for family pictures to be taken this past weekend.  We walked into the consignment store and my phone rang.  I have to say that I almost always wonder if something is wrong when one of my family members call.  I am just paranoid like that.  Well, it was the hubby telling me to call his mom and check on her because his brother had called and said she was in an accident.  Well, I thought, ok it was probably just a fender bender and I need to go pick her up.  Well it turns out it wasn’t a fender bender.  It ended up being a tragic accident in which we spent 7 days in the Trauma Unit at Vanderbilt Hospital. 

After a long 7 days on life support and a lot of pleading with her to breath she let us know that she was ready for heaven.  On November 11, 2011 at 9:45 pm my sweet Mother-In-Law, Carol went to be be with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  She had all of her family surrounding her and her grand daughter singing Amazing Grace when she went home to Jesus.  She was loved by many and will be missed terribly.  But we all know that she is in a better place!!

11868_1178001698468_1480899200_30475049_5491942_n

I took this picture in November 2009 when we were so blessed to be able to take a cruise together.  We weren’t a big fan of being on a cruise ship for 7 days but we made the best of it and ended up having a great time.  I am so thankful for those 7 days that we had to laugh, play games, go to shows, and eat eat eat!!!

I love you mom and my life will never be the same without you!!! I hope you are having a blast in heaven and give grandpa lots of love from all of us!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! What a sweet post about Nana!!! It made me cry! So glad she is not suffering anymore and is in the BEST place, Heaven! Love you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete